Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: m6 AND hexar rf
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:15:49 -0500 (CDT)

Why can't ya'll (Texanese, sorry) just let the folks decide for
themselves?....here's what we know or suspect:

The Hexar/M6 VF/RF are about equal in function

The M6 will probably be less accurate than the Hexar, and will require
more skill to use....but the inaccuracies will not show on film.

The Hexar will probably die, permanently, in about 15-20
years.---possibly without ANY repair service available....so what? --
These folks only keep a Lexus 5 years, and may even move to a new
house every ten or so.....(the same ones who gravitate to the
Hexar).

The M6 folks are like the Mercedes/old Jaguar crowd....they buy the
damn things and plan to keep them forever, and fix them up every
dozen or so years....probably possible with Leica, even if the
company went out of business, ther'd be independents working on them
for the rest of my life (use Nikon F/SP for an example.....)

The resulting pictures, Hexar/M6/R-whatever/Nikon/Pentax....will be
no better or worse, IN PRACTICE....(don't want to start a "lens-test"
thread here...for God's sake)

When I pass someone with a Hexar, I'll look at him and shake my head...
when he sees my m4 and Nikon F, he'll shake his head.....but we're
both happy as clams!!!!......so what?....

Thanks for the space to vent my neurotic tendencies in front
of an audience who truly understands,
Walt in Denton

On
Tue, 12 Sep 2000,