Subject: Re: [Leica] Forbes article on mechanical wristwatches
From: khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:38:45 -0400

Jeff,
I agree wholeheartedly. I have one of the original Omega Speedmasters which
I bought in '69 or thereabouts. In the late 80s it stopped working. Recently
I paid about $140 to have it repaired. I understand the original ones are
worth nearly $2K now. I wear it almost every day, this wonderful throwback
to analog devices. Long live analog watches. Long live analog Leicas and
Rolleiflexes. By the way, my Märklin trains are all analog also.
Regards
Kurt
Ann Arbor