Subject: [Leica] Old Sonnars vs. Old Summicrons and Summars
From: Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:51:54 -0400

This is a new, and more benign question.

Has anyone done any systematic testing of the 1950s 50mm Sonnars (Opton)
versus that 50/2 Summicrons from the same period?  Is there any MTF data
available from that period?  I know the modern lenses blow both of those
out of the water, but I would be very interested in seeing how they
matched up against each other and how they would both compare to modern
lenses.

I do know the optical signatures by now, having done a lot of
experimentation with them.

Dante Stella
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dante

Replies: Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Old Sonnars vs. Old Summicrons and Summars)