Subject: [Leica] Wich Bag for a Leica M??
From: "Mike Nicholls" <mikenic@cyberone.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:46:30 +1000

Grégoire Vandenschrick wrote:

> The very very cute story goes on as I received the 35mm asph that
completes
> my M6 last thursday. Made two TriX, and will give it this afternoon to
> develop.
>
> My question is:
>
> I know two bags that are dedicated for Leica M's, the Billingham
something,
> and the Tenba something (309m I think).
> In fact I search the philosophal stone, as I want I really compact bag,
in.....

Hi Gregoire

The bag I am using seems to be working OK for me. It's a Lowepro Orion
(green).

Somehow I seem to have secreted the following within its 8" x 13" x 6" deep
kidney shaped bowels.

M6 TTL (faced down) with 2/90 asph affixed, 2/35 asph with hood, 1/50
Noctilux (yup, its fixed now : ), 2.8/28 with hood, Minilux 2.4/40, SF20
flash.

In the inner zippered top are batteries and remote cable release. There are
no other pockets on this bag.
It is a tight fit for this stuff, but it is all available at very short
notice, especially with the camera in the top compartment, face down. The
material looks durable and it can be worn on the shoulder or as a "reverse
bum bag". The zippered top is designed to open away from you when worn this
way and thus allows you easy access to the gear. There are auxiliary support
straps attached to the bag from the waist belt to prevent the bag from
rolling forward and bouncing the red dot stuff along the bitumen.

As mentioned, bags are a really personal thing and its hard not to
dispassionately analyse your own purchases. This bag works for me though.

BTW  The Nocti..lax came back from being repaired at Adeal within a week and
they did a top job.
Now, open wide.....wider now...say Aaaah.

Mike Nicholls  *Beware of Geeks bearing Gifs*

mikenic@cyberone.com.au