Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Suddenly Susan?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:01:37 -0700

Raimo Korhonen wrote:

> This is the most eloquent description of criticism I have read/heard - applies perfectly to Sontag.
> All the best!
> Raimo
><Snip>
99% of my college professors were compete idiots. *
But the people who write the books, the great ones are not.
They are not responsible for academic idiocy, they do not create it.
I read SS after i got out of school by the way. )All the dumb assigned books!)
That does not make people like Susan S. one or the whole idea of taking things
to deeper levels
markwr

*
I got A's on my papers when I started turning in papers with 5 word sentences
and two sentence paragraphs.
The media is the message they had a stack of papers to go through and were
grateful for some conciseity.