Subject: [Leica] It's all about M's
From: "Dances_with Leicas" <m6ttl72@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 16:12:51 GMT

>From: Afterswift@aol.com
>Here's my list of reasons why take the Hexar RF over the Leica M.
>
>  1. better meter

    Better how?

>  2. automatic mode

    Handy, but not necessary.

>  3. motordrive that works

    And is very loud compared to a M.

>  4. 1/125 flash sync

     Still not really fast enough for sunlight fill.

>  5. rangefinder than never flares out

     This mystical flare thing again... all 'yall crazy.

>  6. easier loading

     But nowhere nearly as charming.

>  7. DX coding

     Totally useless.

>  That's reason enough for me.

     Obviously.

>My m4-p pines away at home. Sold my M-6.

    A shame.

The Hexar is a nice camera. However, where I shop in Denver, every time
someone has come in and looked at a Hexar, they have bought an M. The three
kit that they got at it's introduction are still there, collecting dust.
That speaks volumes about it, no?

just my very opinionated $.02

;)
jim