Subject: Re: [Leica] Steinheil lens
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 22:08:33 -0400

Hi Everyone
For some reason Steinheil never gets too much attention from anybody.
They actually made som fairly decent lenses both mechanically and optically.
In fact, I believe they were the standard lens makers for the Exakta Real and
had among others, an awesome 180 2.8 for the Real. What I'de give to have that
one!
Most of them seem to be on Exakta and M42 mount as well as a few in Praktina
mount. I wonder if they ever made anything for Leicaflex. Probably not but
there
is always a chance. Does anybody know what happened to them?
Dormant, Kaput, bought out, got into real estate, still making magnifiers what?

See Ya
Javier