Subject: Re: [Leica] Help with lens for Valoy enlarger
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 15:19:04 -0400

Paul-
Something is either missing, or there is an extra piece screwed in there.
I have had several VALOYs and they all have a wide skirt on the focusing
helix to accept a 50mm/3,5 Elmar with the focusing tab- I suppose any 50mm
lens with a 39mm thread would work. If you use a regular enlarger lens,
there is a small extension ring- about 21.5mm that is screwed into the body
of the focusing helix, and accepts the lens on the bottom- there were some
aluminum ones made by E. Leitz, N.Y., that were unpainted, and a black
version from Wetzlar denoted' DOORX'- This is required to use a regular
Focotar or other enlarger lens.
Check to see if the mount you have there is not screwed into the bottom of
the focusing helix- I actually saw a DOORX on KEH's website for $13, in case
you don't have one.
Good Luck!
Dan