Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Battery adapter wanted (became a long story)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 12:59:38 -0700

John Coan wrote:

> There are other sources of mercury that were NOT banned, many with much larger
> quantities than tiny photo batteries.  Take for instance fluorescent lights.
> Or, as a personal example, I recently purchased a sphygmomanometer .  It
> contains about an ounce of pure elemental mercury.  How come that wasn't
> banned?  I think banning the batteries was a symbolic gesture and we
> photographers were sacrificed on the enviroalter.
>
> Buzz Hausner wrote:

The teacher in second grade would say "OK kids now WHO wants to play with the
mercury today!"
that was the mid to late 50's!
markwr

The trouble is he's lazy, the trouble is he drinks
The trouble is he's crazy, the trouble is he stinks
The trouble is he's growing, the trouble is he's grown
Krupke, we've got troubles of our own

Message from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] Re: Battery adapter wanted (became a long story))