Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Erica the Red(head)?
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 20:15:05 -0400

On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 19:53:07 -0400, Jesse Hellman <palio@miata.net>
wrote:

>Paul, Corvettes and Vipers may be male, but Ferraris are female, as
>witness TestarossA not TestarossO. The horse rampant on the Ferrari
>scudo, on the other hand, is the CavallinO.
>
>Jesse

Not to pick nits (since I don't actually know Italian) but doesn't
"rossa" modify "testa", and as such the genders of the words have to
agree?  Or can "testa" meaning "head" assume either gender depending
on the sex of the owner of the head, as in "testarossa" being a
readheaded woman and "testarosso" being a redheaded man?

And anyone who thinks a Testarossa is a feminine car must be thinking
of the 1957 version.  Now that car was one hot mama ;-)

Paul

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <palio@miata.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Erica the Red(head)? (NLC))
Message from Jesse Hellman <palio@miata.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Erica the Red?)