Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Battery adapter wanted
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 06:21:25 -0700

Doug is right... but the fact is that the dropping resistor does work
properly with CERTAIN types of cameras... most notably the types using a
simple analog meter.  M5 and CL/CLE are the 2 I would recommend.  Also the
MR series of meters.

The faulty measurements occur if you use the wrong type of camera ( meter in
the M6 comes to mind) and the voltage on the cell's output goes too low.
These meters are "fancier" than the simple manalog meter in the CL.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

>http://www.criscam.com/

>Others on the list have liked the product.

The CRIS device contains no stabilising circuit, CRIS told me, and
relies on a small resistor to lower the voltage. This crude technique
reduces the voltage to a nominal 1.3v, but does nothing to compensate
for the poor voltage stability of the replacement cell.

I read recently (in either the LHS or LHSA magazine, I think) that
Leica does not recommend the use of voltage adaptors, saying that this
lack of stability will result in incorrect exposure under some
conditions.

Regards,

Doug Richardson