Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 back removable??
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 07:01:58 +0100

There are some minor differences, the early M3s had ball bearings in the
bottom of the backs which snapped into place.
Obviously the film reminder dials on the back changed through the years,
and the M6 back would be wasted (maybe even incompatible) on the earlier
models. I don't know about the M5 interchangeability.
Jem