Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 back removable??
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 15:54:05 -0500

As a practical matter, doesn't there have to be some way to install the back in
the first place?  I'm no student of modern manufacturing techniques, but might
there be some inspections done to the body/shutter, or perhaps
rangefinder/focal plane, that are best done with the back off and after which a
quick attachment of the back would be preferable to trying to screw on some
attached hinges with tiny screws?  Just a guess.

Of course, like all the rest here, I've been anxiously waiting for the
multifunction data back to plug onto the M6 - you know, the one that will print
date/time and (optionally) latitude/longitude on each frame, do seven step
exposure bracketing, control long exposures up to 99 hours, run the new winder
with an intervalometer to take sequence shots up to 99 hours apart, and all
those other technical things for which the small, quiet, mechanical rangefinder
camera was originally designed.

Cheers,
Kip (Visoflex is just the beginning) Babington