Subject: [Leica] Re: Enlarger Recommendation
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 09:17:49 -0700

>At 8:32 PM +0800 9/5/0, Terry Sham wrote:
>>I would like to buy a new enlarger for both B&W and colour prints. I really
>>don't want to break the high quality chain from films taken by Leica.
>>Unfortunately, The Leica V35 Focomat is discontinued.
>>
>>Is there any recommendation for enlargers and lenses?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Terry Sham

There are scads of used V35's around. Three locally to me at Keeble &
Shuchat Photography Darkroom Dept.

If the largest film format you want to enlarge is 35mm, then the V35 is
tough to beat.

My favorite "short" lens for 35mm is the Schneider Apo-Componon HM 2.8/40mm
which should work with the V35 autofocus as well as give maximum print size
for the V35.

Depending upon the enlarger, sometimes a longer lens works better, such as
the 63mm EL-Nikkor.

Jim

Replies: Reply from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] Re: Enlarger Recommendation)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Enlarger Recommendation)