Subject: [Leica] Butterflies
From: Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 20:10:05 -0400

LUGs,

Over the past month I have been observing and photographing butterflies and
moths. Because they permit a close approach, they are easier to photograph
than birds, but they are as difficult as birds to photograph well.

For those looking for sites to click on,  a few initial attempts are posted
at:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=28955

Resolution of the online images was kept at 100 dpi for faster loading.
Film used was either Ektachrome Elite 200 or its professional counterpart,
depending on the inventory at the local supply shop and the amount of money
in my wallet.  Equipment used was an R8 and generally the 80-200/4 or the
100/4 macro. In a moment of extreme masochism, I tried the 280/2.8 and
extension tube but found the shorter lenses easier to maneuver. I have come
to use a Metz 40MZ2 for all shots now for fill, and I let the flash and
camera do most of the thinking for me.

Roy