Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White Film//Nachtwey//Rapidwinder
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 16:00:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/00 10:28:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, MTomalty@aol.com
writes:

<< I find something 'lacking',especially since I'm using M6's
 and
 feel I'm not getting the full potential out of them.
 I'm currently using TMax 100/400 and they are being developed by pro lab
 here in Montreal-I believe they are using D-76?? >>

Overall, I have had much better results using the newer Ilford emulsions,
developed commercially in TMax, particularly Delta 100, 400 and, most
interestingly, 3200, shot mostly at 800-1600.  Likewise, HP5+ is a very clear
improvement over Tri-X, precessed in my home town lab, also in TMax.  The
latest C-41 from Ilford, XP-2 Super, is worth a try if you cannot get
acceptable or consistent commercial B&W processing at reasonable cost.  Most
LUG members who do their own processing seem to prefer Xtol to other
developers, but I have not seen it used in larger commercial labs yet.  Maybe
someone else on the list has.

Joe Sobel