Subject: Re: [Leica] BLUG DINNER
From: Gerry Walden <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 06:44:05 +0100

- --=====================_2807094==_.ALT

I am sorry to be a pain, but I really would appreciate details of the BLUG
dinner as soon as possible so that I can get myself organised for my
departure to the US.   If a hotel is difficult to recommend, then as long
as I have the address I can probably organise that myself.

Thanks

Gerry

At 08:29 22-08-00 -0400, you wrote:
>Time is swiftly passing, and SEPT. 11 is definitely moving up on us - along
>with Ted Grant's arrival in this stewpot of Colonial rebellion...
>
>Which is a reminder that those planning to show up on our doorstep at 6:30
>p.m., Monday, Sept. 11, for the second (annual?) Boston Area LUG dinner
>should let me know off-list sooner rather than later - we are already up to
>26 people, including Guests of Honor Ted and Irene Grant...and LUGers from
>as far away as Britain, Maine, and where ever on the road Martin Howard and
>Big Red are at the moment.
>
>B. D.
>
>bdcolen@a-day-in-our-life.com

- --=====================_2807094==_.ALT

details of the BLUG dinner as soon as possible so that I can get myself
organised for my departure to the US.&nbsp;&nbsp; If a hotel is difficult
to recommend, then as long as I have the address I can probably organise
that myself.<br>
Thanks<br>
Gerry<br>
At 08:29 22-08-00 -0400, you wrote:<br>
definitely moving up on us - along<br>
with Ted Grant's arrival in this stewpot of Colonial rebellion...<br>
Which is a reminder that those planning to show up on our doorstep at
6:30<br>
p.m., Monday, Sept. 11, for the second (annual?) Boston Area LUG
dinner<br>
should let me know off-list sooner rather than later - we are already up
to<br>
26 people, including Guests of Honor Ted and Irene Grant...and LUGers
from<br>
as far away as Britain, Maine, and where ever on the road Martin Howard
and<br>
Big Red are at the moment.<br>
B. D.<br>
bdcolen@a-day-in-our-life.com<br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us<br>
&gt;
[<a href="mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us%5DOn" eudora="autourl">mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On</a>
Behalf Of Steve<br>
&gt; LeHuray<br>
&gt; Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 8:08 AM<br>
&gt; To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us<br>
&gt; Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Summicron with &quot;eyes&quot; on
M2(4,6)?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Peter,<br>
&gt; &gt; The goggled 35 mm lens will be using the 50 mm frames. But the
goggles<br>
&gt; &gt; transform the viewfinder image to correspond to 35 mm.<br>
&gt; &gt; So, I think this is quite a good alternative for you. If you
are able to<br>
&gt; &gt; see the 50 mm frames, you will be quite OK with this
lens.<br>
&gt; &gt; The Summicron 35/2 is getting a bit scarce, but the
Summaron<br>
&gt; 35/2,8 is more<br>
&gt; &gt; easily found (at half the Summicron price).<br>
&gt; &gt; I have a goggled Summicron that I use on the M3, but I also use
it on<br>
&gt; &gt; M2-M6-M6HM instead of bringing two 35 mm lenses. Compared
to<br>
&gt; the ungoggled<br>
&gt; &gt; 35 the view becomes a bit smaller of course, but not too much
to become<br>
&gt; &gt; inconvenient IMO. This is the only negative thing with mixing
an M3 with<br>
&gt; &gt; other M:s, it feels stupid to pack two 35 mm lenses (although I
do it<br>
&gt; &gt; sometimes when I feel like needing asph performance at
F/2-2,8...).<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Good luck,<br>
&gt; &gt; Hans<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;&gt; Is anybody on the list using the 35 Summicron with
&quot;goggles&quot;<br>
&gt; that's meant<br>
&gt; &gt;&gt; for the M3, but using it on an M2, M4, or M6 so it reduces
the<br>
&gt; image to fit<br>
&gt; &gt;&gt; in the 50mm frame?<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hans, Peter,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; It is possible that you do not need those goggles for a 35mm
lens<br>
&gt; on a M3. I<br>
&gt; have both M2 and M3 and use a 35mm lens regularly on the M3 by<br>
&gt; ignoring the<br>
&gt; 50mm brightline in the viewfinder and composing with the outer<br>
&gt; perimeter, it<br>
&gt; is the same as a 35mm frame.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Steve<br>