Subject: Re: [Leica] A very very cute story...
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:36:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/00 3:31:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:

<< I read a thing a while that said they polled the old timers at the Leica
factory
 and they all thought the M3 double stroke was the best body they ever made.
 But I'm pretty happy with the M6 body so far.  >>

I read a similar story in Shutterbug.  I also asked DAG himself whether he
thought there was anything to it.  I believe, if memory serves, that he said
that the DS had a second brake that made the shutter more precisely
adjustable, which in turn enabled it to be set up to operate more quietly
than the SS.  I would invite comment from those more technically
knowledgeable.

Joe Sobel