Subject: Re: [Leica] gizto monopod repair ?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:18:38 -0700

><Snip>
> Bet you'll think twice before letting your monopod drive a motor vehicle
> again...
>
> Joe Sobel

I was coming down the hill from Pittock mansion in Portland Oregon Halloween 1983.

I had been doing a series of time exposures with My Rolleiflex and i was running
around hiding behind trees popping my Vivitar 283 at the building the whole time
the shutter was open.
I had to hide behind tress and keep moving otherwise i'd be in the picture when
my flash went off.
This was for a backdrop for another shoot I was going to do for Bed and
Breakfast stuff using a model.

ON the way down the dark hill I went around a sharp dark corner with wet leaves.
My little assistant was on the back of my Vespa with my tripod.
This guy was an acrobat and could do a flip in the air, I wasn't worried about him.
So I was crawling to get my new tripod and my assistanst was kinda moaning, he's
never let me forget that one.
He really was a little hurt and I had to bring him to the hospital.
All I had been worried about at the accident was my tripod.
By the way I was wearing a brand new silk sport jacket (from a thrift shop) and
it didn't get a tear! It was like a magic jacket I wondered if it would repel bullets!
But the Gitzo was no longer new. I used it that way for 20 years!
Markwr