Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Re: The art of the blanket cake eating statement...
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:23:50 -0400

> Someone on the LUG expounded that it is IMPOSSIBLE for DOF preview
> to be useful. Which, of course, is completely and totally wrong.

I didn't see anyone say that it is "impossible for DOF preview to be
useful".  Perhaps I missed that original post you are referring to.  That
statement (impossible...) is, of course, absurd.  DOF preview certainly IS
useful, and as you say, has served photographers well....

This feels like a change of subject...from "anyone who doesn't do it my way
is a dolt" to "I was defending the use of DOF preview"....

> A clueless dilettante? Where'd you get that???

er, well, it's pretty much what you tell someone when they have a differing
opinion to yours...and apparently I'm not the only one who reads it that
way.

Oh well, I think this one's about had it....kicking it any more will just
jam your toe...