Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica on the cheap
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:06:09 -0400

At 12:27 PM 8/31/00 +0000, you wrote:
. I don't even understand it when it's a $300 Summaron on a beat-up M-3 and
you can pick up a rudimentary finder for another $70. I couldn't live that
way--I won't buy a lens until I can afford a finder for it, two caps, a
hood, and a UV filter to protect my investment.

>--Michael

Michael -

I don't use finders or caps or filters.  It's not because I can't afford
them - it's because I don't like them.  Switching back and forth between
the finder and the viewfinder to focus and frame is very distracting to
me.  I prefer to guess and can come pretty close.  Edges are not that
important to me.  Caps get lost all of the time and just slow down
photo-taking.  The same with filters.  Why buy an expensive, fast lens and
put a filter in front of it?  Leica lenses don't need UV filters.

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com