Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:51:50 +0800

on 31/8/00 11:42 AM, Henning J. Wulff at henningw@archiphoto.com wrote:

> I tried the Carbon One Manfrottos and looked at the Sliks and Velbons
> carbon fiber models, and I'll stick with the Gitzo. I tested them with some
> problem setups, and the difference was noticeable. There is a price
> difference, and it's worth it.

I concur with Henning: Gitzo's are not indestructible but they are better
than any others I have tried. Gitzo generally have good agents too so
getting replacement parts and accessories is not a great problem. OTOH Gitzo
is nowadays owned by Manfrotto so that may not be significant. I find you
get what you pay for with tripods. The great anomaly was the Tiltall which
was (is??) a good tripod for the price (i.e. cheapish).

Bests

Adrian