Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Personal portfolios of misery
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:16:29 EDT

I agree with Paul that Nachtwey's pictures do indeed represent a personal
portfolio of the misery of others. And indeed Nachtwey has received some
criticism from those who are not taken in by his egomanical, self promotion.
Nachtwey is a careerist, pure and simple. Still, I think it's fine for
Nachtwey to take pictures of anything he wants. But rather than hide behind
some self- righteous rhetoric, it would be better for him to say, "look at
me, I'm the greatest!" -- which is really his point.

   As for Kyle, I think it's fine for him to take pictures of anything he
wants as well.        And to post them, or publish them wherever he likes.

  Righetous indignation is a very inexpensive way to make yourself feel good,
feel superior to those  poor souls who can't tell right from wrong. It's much
cheaper than a Leica!  Arthur