Subject: Re: [Leica] Crisis of Con$cience OT
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 07:06:15 +0200

Mark,

Thanks for the enlightenment! I do know who Kurt Gobain was, so I am not totally ignorant. He may have
been many things, but, to paraphrase an ex-presidential candidate, he was no John Lennon.

Lest the LUG think that I am hermit living in an Alpine cave, let me add that I do read and watch a fair
amount of international media (The Economist, CNN, BBC and Danish and Swiss papers) but somehow they do
not talk too much about grunge.

Nathan

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> If she's so famous why have I never heard of her?
> Who reads the paper any more I don't!
> Generally If Courtney causally says in passing "Gee isn't tan great for Autumn"
> It's usually international headlines by morning.
> She is the master of the sound byte bar none!
> Right now she is in the headlines because of her position on the internet music
> thing as she is for it.
> And is also famous for the degree in which she has reinvented herself.
> Her deceased husband Kurt Cobain is the John Lennon nee Jimi Hendrix of the 90's
> but if you are like me you have no idea what his music sounds like, or Courtneys
> for that matter. SNIP

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland