Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Re: Bokeh vs. Nukeh, WYSIWYG
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 29 Aug 2000 11:31:05 -0700

On Tue, 29 August 2000, Austin Franklin wrote:

<SNIP>

> I'd really be curious as to how many SLR users on this list actually use
> the DOF preview???

I do.  I find it very valuable for evaluating the degree to which areas outside the plane of focus, both foreground and background, will influence the overall look of the photo.  It's particularly useful with long lenses and macro subjects, where out-of-focus elements may appear as a wash of color or as an identifiable although out-of-focus object.  If I'm stopping down for DOF and I don't want some extremely out-of-focus thing to become identifiable the DOF preview is quite handy, to say the least.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.