Subject: RE: [Leica] The Future Is Now
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:53:33 -0500

At 11:28 PM -0500 8/28/00, George Lottermoser wrote:
>Highly unlikely that you'd get a moiré pattern if you can't see a
>dot with a 15 power loop which seems to be the case with Jon
>Cone's Black & White system.
>
>And in the context of "The Future is Now" thread, I have not sent
>a print or transparency out for publicity in 2 or 3 years. All
>images go out for publication on CD's as digital image files,
>ready to drop into the magazine or newspaper  page.
>
>George

George,

All I know is what I have been told by people who make their living
using the digital world.  They both told me that if making outputs
for future scanning it is better to go the traditional way than
digital.  They even told me that if getting slides burned from a
digital file it would be best to get a traditional dupe made than
going digital.

Both these people work photoshop creating very high end digital
outputs all day every day.  One of the labs has the top of the line
state of the art equipment and does projects for companies like
Disney, Warner Brothers, RCA, Sony and many others.  The majority of
their work is done for clients outside of Nashville.  If CJ tells me
that it is better to go wet, I will believe CJ.  He has been high end
digital since the beginning.  He is so into digital that a few months
ago they totally ditched all wet work are are now exclusively
digital.  So if wet was not better why would he tell me to go wet,
knowing that I will have to go to a different lab?
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] The Future Is Now)