Subject: Re: [Leica] kyle's lost his @#$@#$! mind - week 35
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:37:01 -0400

on 28/8/00 11:19 pm, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com wrote:

> Every time a fashion photographer takes a picture of a supermodel they are
> accused of encouraging women to be anorexics and hate themselves by a bunch of
> far gone feminists and half baked psychologists.
>
> Dumb as that is it makes a lot more sense than saying that shooting a womens
> scars will make them scar themselves more

Right on. I have had a number of female friends who cut themselves. They
were all mature intelligent people (twentysomething graduates) who were
quite capable of making decisions for themselves. It must be a relief to
have someone like Kyle around who doesn't react with horror and hushed
voices to what is a non-life-threatening form of self injury.

i found the 'I love you' picture both disturbing and moving and it said a
lot about the whole subject.
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com