Subject: Re: [Leica] Hexar Heart Stoppage
From: Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:51:08 -0400

You really need to make sure the lock solidly clicks when you rotate the
lens on.  It's really hard to press that button by mistake (as opposed
to Leicas, where you have to press and press), and based on my
experience, I would guess the lens wasn't all the way on (I encountered
something similar with the 35/2 Summicron).

Maybe you hold the lens differently...

Robert Jagitsch wrote:

> I just acquired a Hexar RF, and after completing the first roll and
> during a walk back to my car, the lens fell off, landing on the
> asphalt. I had a DR Summicron attached. Left two small nicks and
> crunched the filter (I'm glad I had that insurance policy in effect.)
> But otherwise no ill effects.
>
> After searching for the cause, it seems the lens release button on
> the Hexar needs a lot less pressure to release, and there is no guard
> around the button.
>
> Has anyone with an RF seen something similar before? I know I'm going
> to be paranoid from now on, double checking that the button hasn't
> been pressed. Any way to adjust it so it takes significantly more
> pressure before releasing?
>
> -R

Dante Stella
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dante