Subject: RE: [Leica] "B Grade"
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:19:44 -0400

> You guys can't really seriously believe, that any, and I mean any,
reputable
> manufacturer of any type of goods, not only cameras, will send an
inferior or
> second grade item  knowingly to places. Especially out of way places. Can
> you
> imagine, Porsche, or Rolls Roys or Leica to send cars  or camera >
equipment,
> which did not pass inspection to any place, no matter how far away.

Cars can basically be 'fixed' a lot more easily, so that is not a good
example.

What do you think the camera manufacturers do, throw the ones out that
don't pass, or have some human sit there and completely disassemble them,
diagnose what the problem is, fix the problem, put them back together and
toss them in the 'prime' bin?

The question is, what happens to the ones that done "pass inspection"?