Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh vs. Nokeh
From: "Bob Walkden" <bobwalkden@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:06:03 BST

Hi,

actually okeh-cokeh, to use the correct Japanese spelling, is the quality
attributed to a lens when it produces pleasing (okeh) images that look as
though they were shoot through the bottom of a soda (cokeh) bottle.
Traditionally such images inspire a burst of frenzied dancing involving legs
in and legs out.

In the late 19th century when soda bottles were replaced by cans in France
the dance was renamed the can-can and popularised by Toulouse Lautrec, who
took his frenzy to such extremes that he wore his legs to a stump.

Cheers,

Bob-san.