Subject: Re: [Leica] cc filters for multigrade paper <OT>
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:43:45 +0200

Since no reason is given I might step in:
If the external filters are density corrected this is true. By changing the
filters you just get different contrast and you don't have to adjust exposure
time as well (exception is usually filter grade 5).

The common built in filters are not density corrected, which means if you turn
more magenta in, it will become darker and you have to increase exposure
time.

This effect cannot be compensaterd by all meters: mine is colour sensitive and
gives different readings for magenta cast and yellow cast of the same density.

christoph

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] cc filters for multigrade paper <OT>)
Message from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] cc filters for multigrade paper <OT>)
Message from Wilber Jeffcoat <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net> (Re: [Leica] cc filters for multigrade paper <OT>)