Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica Website
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:50:55 -0700

Steve LeHuray wrote:

> >>Oh
> >>
> >>My
> >>
> >>Ghod
> >>
> >>This is awful
> >>
> >>Jon
> >

> > personally, i like it. the organization/architecture of it, i mean.
> >
> > what's the problem with it?
> >
> > guy
> >

> The problem is not much useful information.
>
> steve
> Annapolis

Yep, that's the problem alright.  To find out I did a seach for tri
elmar. The 100% hit returned a page with this info  (yes in the copy and
paste I left the header off but about the only non obvious one is 8/6
which is elements/groups):

TRI-ELMAR-M  f/4 /28-35-50 mm    76-64-45  8 /6   1.0 m  340 g

Gee can I get that in chrome? what filter size, how long is it, what
diameter, what lens hood, smallest aperture?

So I went to the next hit at 59% and downloaded the pdf. Much more info,
but contrary to what is said here there is no lens hood, only the built
in. Granted some hoods might fit but apparently not approved by Leica.

For more fun search for filters. I found out that Leica makes UVa
filters and UVa filters silver chrome finish. UVa, nice, but how about
Yellow? apparently not since I could not find it on their website.
Fortunatly, for Leica, in the tri-elmar pdf I saw they make yellow-green
and orange in E55.  Whew! I might have bought a Hoya or Tiffen instead
of the Leica filter ;^)

Well this is far more than I intended to say, but IMO the Leica website
is still lacking easy to get info.

"happy searching"
Dennis