Subject: Re: [Leica] M6-Film transport/Rewind Problems
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:56:45 EDT

Denis writes:

<< Reinstalled the film and took the pictures - or so I thought - the film
had
 never transported! I felt the 'release' from the take up spool as soon as I
 started the rewind. >>

It sounds like you simply did not have the film properly engaged with the
take-up spool on your second go-around with that film. Most probably your
initial problem with the rewind was because you ripped the film from the
canister spool and somehow it jambed when you tried to rewind. You said you
had to cut the film and pull it from the take-up spool to get it out of the
camera, so I assume you were able to remove the film canister OK and then
discover that the film was not attached to the canister spool.

Just try again and make sure the rewind lever is turning when you advance the
film after loading and for the first two or three shots.  Regards, Paul Connet

Replies: Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] M6-Film transport/Rewind Problems)