Subject: [Leica] Grey card
From: "Erwin Puts" <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:47:36 +0200

The grey card reflects 18% and indeed, most natural scenes reflect 13%,
which should be common knowledge as the relevant study dates from 15 years
ago. I noted this a long time ago, when I discussed the relative merits of a
grey card. If you read the instruction leaflet of the Kodak greycard they
will tell you that the grey card is designed and optimised for studio
lighting and contrast and there the 18% reflection is experimentally the
best compromise. Kodak incidentally notes that when using the grey card
outdoors to increase exposure by a half stop to compensate for the 13%!!!

Erwin

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Grey card)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Grey card)
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Grey card)