Subject: RE: [Leica] Lens test
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:31:15 -0400

Ok, fellas: I've been enjoying this lens test thread, but now it's taken a
turn for the ugly.  Do we really need to resort to _ad hominem_ attacks?
It's more fun arguing about bokeh!

I think we're all in agreement that this test is less than ideal, but I
don't see it as completely meaningless.  In any event, it's a step in the
right direction: I'd much rather see sample photos than MTF charts any day.

I'd like to see the same test performed on tree bark (as someone else
suggested: at, say, 1 meter away, with leaves in the background) at f2 using
a tripod.  Now that would be an interesting comparison....

Dan H.