Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens test
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:57:20 -0400

More condescension.  You'd think I insulted someone's God or something!

Sharpness mean nothing.  Every beginning photo student knows this. My
Minolta-out resolves my Summilux at every opening and can easily produce
sharper looking prints even the size of football fields.   But are the
photographer 'better'?  I don't know.  I think over all that my Summilux
produces a superior photograph.   But generally I like the Minolta and it
does an excellent job, I use it regularly, and it deserves much more than a
"leica is better, 'nuff said" comment.

When you shoot at f1.4, who the hell cares about sharpess when 95% of the
image area will be out of focus and when the end result for
photojournalists will in more cases than nought end up in a newspaper with
their 50 line half tones or whatever and where a coke bottle bottom is
probably overkill.

Dan C.

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Lens test)