Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Question
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:44:13 -0400

> At 05:52 PM 8/22/00 +0800, you wrote:
>
>>This happens intermittenly - may be around once per 3 rolls. The R8 itself
>>was running perfectly until I bought the drive a few months ago.
>>
>>If you have seen this problem before, do you know what is wrong and how to
>>fix this?
>>

>>Regards,
>>Ken
>
> Mine is doing the same thing, Ken.  I'm sending it back to Leica this week.
>
> Tina
> Tina Manley, ASMP
> http://www.tinamanley.com

Sorry, but, I can not resist after listening to all this foo-foo-ra over the
R8 ever since I have been on this list. I have two Nikon F's bought used 30
years ago, heavy pro useage on dirty, dusty motorsports tracks around N
America. Never even been serviced, never broke. F2, ditto. F3, FM2n, fifteen
years and ditto, ditto. Still have all five, still trucking right along. For
the marginal gain (if any) in Leica optics why are ya'll doing this to
yourselves????? Can somebody start a separate R list please.

Steve (Love my Leica M's)
Annapolis