Subject: Re: [Leica] Vs: [Leica] Voigtländer Bessa-R ad
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:59:35 +0800

on 22/8/00 5:29 AM, Dante Stella at dante@umich.edu wrote:

> Yeah, but putting Germany in white letters on a camera made in Japan - and
> with the Japan part marked in much smaller letters  (which itself may not
> be completely true) looks a lot like deceptive sales practices under the
> Lanham Act, which provides a civil remedy for making deceptive statements
> about the origin of one's own goods or the goods of others.

Bit like my R5 which says ERNST LEITZ WETLZLAR GMBH engraved on the base and
only after much searching and viewing in the right light is 'Made in
Portugal' visible on the leatherette...or the R lenses made by Minolta that
say in big letters 'LEITZ WETZLAR'...

Rs

Adrian

- --
Adrian Bradshaw
Corporate and Editorial Photography
Beijing, China
tel/fax +86 10 6532 5112
mobile +86 139 108 22292
e-mail apbbeijing@yahoo.com
OR adrianpeterbradshaw@compuserve.com

website:   http://www.apbphoto.com

Please note my new mobile number (as of August 1st)