Subject: Re: : Re: [Leica] Montreal Stores --> Fall Colors to the East
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:53:14 -0400

Owen P. Evans wrote:
. . .
It is truly a glorious summer sight as well as a
spectacular scenic in the fall.

	--> And, at night, during that part of the year,
	the area I described, under the stars on a clear night,
	is an altogether breath-taking experience
	as the air is unpolluted and there is little stray light
	from any large city.
	The eye's "depth of field" could give one special vertigo
	over the spances of infinite spaces up there: the sky is "deep".
	Northern Lights are very common. You can use simple
	binoculars to watch satellites going by. ( I do that,
	lying down on park dining tables: Trinovid envy ! )

	I'd call it "Leica friendly", but try Sept 25th or later
	for more orange hues and fiery reds. If you get that trip
	on sunny days, you'll NEVER NEVER forget the experience:
	magazines and postcards don't even come close
	to the UNIQUE reality we have been talking about.

	Since we're at it: about 20-30 miles due East from
	Victoriaville / Warwick / Asbestos, is another region
	that is impressive, around Ham Nord (and Mont Ham),
	then onward towards Scotstown, Mont Megantic, Franconia, N.H.:
	wild grandeur.

	Quebec city in the Fall: harsh contrasts, day long photo
	trips, interesting tourist activities in the evening!
	About 80 miles from Quebec, Baie Saint-Paul area
	and the Saguenay fjord by boat ... Leica friendly places !
	Start early each day.

	God! I'm drooling over all this ...  <sigh>

	Andre Jean Quintal