Subject: RE: R lens tests (was: Re: [Leica] Re: Why M is so popular?)
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 21 Aug 2000 15:10:09 -0700

On Mon, 21 August 2000, ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:

<SNIP>
> it seems to me
> that as far as the R series goes, the lenses may be somewhat overpriced
> compared to other equal or even better products. Sorrry about that, too.
> Arthur

Arthur,

IMHO this is too subjective to ever be resolved to the satisfaction of all concerned.  For example a feature of (for example) a Canon lens that you value highly means nothing to me, while a particular feature or characteristic of a Leica-R lens doesn't interest you but to me it may mean the difference between pictures and no pictures.

As for equipment tests, the one that has been most reliable for me is the field test: put film in the camera, go make some pictures.  The one that suits my working style and produces the results I want is best for me.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.