Subject: RE: [Leica] Blacked out view finder
From: "Tomich, Matt" <TomichM@turgrow.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:09:07 +1200

Thanks for your help
and Ken and Shel!!!
MT

- -----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Painter [mailto:dpainter@bigfoot.com]
Sent: Monday, 21 August 2000 16:48
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Tomich, Matt wrote:

> I have a M3 with a blacked out viewfinder. can I get the existing
> rangefinder fixed or do I have to replace it with a new one? e.g.. M6
> rangefinder.
>
> can anyone recommend a good place to get this camera repaired? and has
> anyone had a similar problem and can offer advice???
>
> any help greatly appreciated..
> Matt

Matt,

Prism separation, bad news, usually a replacement of the newer finder,
but sometimes can be repaired.

Call John Van Stelton:

The Focal Point- John Van Stelten

    1017 South Boulder Road
    Suite E-1
    Louisville, CO 80027-0027
    Tel.- 303-665-6640
    Fax - 303-665-3803
    focalpt@ecentral.com
    Repairs Leicas as well as Cleaning, repolishing and recoating
lenses.

I understand he can sometimes repair these.

Also, here is an old post you might want to follow up on: