Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Double up. NOW: topic change?
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:44:12 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:
> Just wondered if anyone out there has done any "serious portrait work"
> using only window light? In colour or B&W, and what film/lens
> combination they used?
> I mean portraits that challenge the "portrait studio " of
> strobes/hotlights ?

Hi Ted,

     I did one portrait with the subject close to a large bay window using
8x10 and 8 inch lens quite close.  It was important to use a large white
cloth on the opposite side, in order to reflect light back into the shadows,
allowing the value of the shadows to be raised.  Interestingly, the relatively
short focal length did not cause unpleasant distortion due to the close range
focusing.  This would not be the case with smaller formats!  Hope this helps.

					Cheers,

								Rich Lahrson
								tripspud@wenet.net

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> ([Leica] WAS: Double up. NOW: topic change?)