Subject: Re: [Leica] Scala and other Agfa slide films
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:28:19 +0200

Gerry,

I really like Agfa Scala and use it a lot in my M6HM. It scans really well
(except that I occasionally get a warm colour cast, but that may be due to
flaws in my scanning technique) and it is really great to be able to show
people the beauty of B&W by including Scala slides in the show.

I have pushed it to 400 on several occasions, always with good results. I have
not tried higher speeds, but in theory Scala is pushable to 1600. The only
disadvantage is that you cannot process it yourself and the processing is a bit
more expensive than standard E6.

Nathan

Gerry Walden wrote:

> Now that i have done away with my darkroom, I am looking in general at the
> way I work and I am thinking of shooting my black and white on Agfa Scala
> as it appears to be a good medium sped film and will give me monochrome
> slides that I can file along with my colour slides and treat in exactly the
> same manner, scanning and printing them digitally as necessary.
>
> Does anybody have any experience of Scala as a film?   The Agfa web site
> has some wonderful images shot on it which show good tonal range and
> contrast.   The specification and stated granularity looks good, as does
> its ability to be push or pull processed.
>
> Also, does anyone have any experience of Agfa colour slide films in general
> compared with Fuji and Kodak?
>
> Needless to say, this is food for my Leica cameras.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gerry

- --
Nathan Wajsman