Subject: RE: [Leica] Personal Photographers
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 20:27:32 -0400

> As it is in our system, the President does not even have a fraction of
the
> amenities enjoyed by a CEO of a corporation, nor the pay for that matter.

Well, let's see.  After he left office, George Bush gave a speech (which he
typically does, and I am sure Clinton will do too) at a private company's
outing, and in lieu of taking a fee for the speech, he took stock in that
company.  The company is one that lays fiber optic cable under water, as in
across the Atlantic ocean floor...

The company went public, and he netted some number of millions for just
this one hour speech, something like $8M or more....  That was one smart
move on his part...

They (I believe both Presidents and VPs) get their salary for the rest of
their lives....  I have NO sympathy for ANY politician after they are no
longer in office, especially Senators and Congressmen...that's a whole
other subject unto it self...don't get me started...I'm a warning ya!  ;-)