Subject: [Leica] Summicron 35 M 6 element second and third generations. Anny differences??
From: "Joe Kelly" <jkelly@mail.planetkc.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 03:13:16 -0600

I have been using a six elemement 35 mm Wetzlar Summicron M (the type with
the claw focusing tab). Is this version optically identical to the third
generation Canadian lens? Some books say it is but the glass looks very
different when you hold them side by side (not only the coating) but both
front and rear elements seem larger in the Canadian version. Would there be
any advantage to the later third generation Canadian. (I have a chance to
purchase one). I am very happy with the Wetzlar version but the corners tend
to get a bit soft at f2 and 2.8. Is the Cabadian version any better at these
aperatures?

Thank you,
Joe Kelly