Subject: RE: [Leica] 24mm, 75mm
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:46:15 -0700

At 9:22 AM -0400 8/18/00, Dan Honemann wrote:
>Austin,
>
>How close will the 75 focus?  Are you able to get full head shots with this
>lens?
>
>Thanks,
>Dan
>
>> Unquestionably my favorite lense.  It is a perfect focal length
>> for the work I like to do, and I really love the razor thin DOF.

The 75 focusses to .7m, allowing it to cover the smallest area at closest
focus of any M lens. In this focal length range, namely short tele, the
rangefinder lenses often have just as close focussing capabilities as SLR
lenses except for the macros. 10 times the focal length seems to be the
rule.

Previously it was mentioned that the 75 does not intrude into the
viewfinder. Unfortunately that's not true. I don't know about the current
Noctilux with extendable lenshood, but the old Noctilux with detachable
lenshood does not intrude into the viewfinder as much. In fact, at close
focus with extended lenshood the 75 intrudes almost to the rangefinder
patch.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com