Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Why M is so popular?
From: Maestro Logos <maestro_logos@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:33:52 -0700

> Sorry to hear about your troubles. All I can add to that is that you seem
> to be *very* unlucky (assuming that you bought new items, of course).

I agree with you.

Reliability problems are as costly to Solms as they are to the users. If the
Rs are so extremely problematic, as some claim, Solms would have needed to
incur an enormous amount of money constantly replacing or fixing these
defective units. Then wouldn't Leica be better off correcting the
reliability problems or pulling the R line altogether?

That is not to say the R cameras are problem-free. But claiming that such a
large proportion of R cameras produced is defective sounds absurd to me. It
just doesn't make much economic sense. All I can say is, in all likelihood,
some (i.e. Miro) have been relatively unlucky with the Rs. Small sample
error, I presume.

Regards,

Logos

Replies: Reply from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: Re: Re: Why M is so popular?)