Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M2 Price
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:49:46 -0400

> Can anyone give me an idea of what these cameras are worth? Assume a CLA will
be
> needed, if Leica seal is still there. This will be an additional cost.

1 1/2 years ago I bought my second M2 from Tamarkin for $600 in user
condition and sent it Sherry for a check out and CLA. At that time there
seemed to be a glut of M2's on the market at reasonable prices. But, in the
past 6 months they seemed to have mostly disappeared and what is out there
seems to have risen in price from $800 up. Now there seems to be a glut of
M3's with good deals to be had. I bought a decent M3 in April from a dealer
for $700. I prefer the M2 over the M3 because it is more versatile for what
I want to shoot (35mm frame). The M3 though is wonderful to shoot with the
50mm lens, so I use M2 for 35, M3 for 50.

Steve
Annapolis