Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M2
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:57:14 -0400

> Pros:
> It's older
> It has no meter
> It's only got 4 frame lines
>
> The only real downside from my POV is the film loading system.  I much
> prefer the M4/6 style, though others disagree.
> I think for 35mm use the finder is terrific.  I'd say go for it.
>
> Paul

Paul,

The M2 only has 3 frame lines-35,50,90. And the M2 can be easily upgraded to
6 frame lines, which one of my M2's is. And a M4 rapid load can also be
installed which I am not sure is really important because once you get used
to loading the M2 it is a breeze. As far as no in-camera meter, some need
them, others don't, I have a tiny hand meter. As far as being older I think
that is just in peoples minds, a 40 year old Leica is not the same thing as
a 40 year old Buick. Both of my M2's are users (cosmetically challenged) but
mechanically perfect (Sherry's verdict). A lot of M6 cameras should be so
reliable and trouble free.

Steve
Annapolis