Subject: Re: [Leica] anyone using 24mm
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:38:12 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 16/08/00 15:03:38 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
telyt560@cswebmail.com a écrit :

<< On Wed, 16 August 2000, "Barry Dinan" wrote:

 > To anyone using 24mm for your M6:
 >
 > I'm wondering if you have ever experienced a problem with composition that
 > compares to one I have recently experienced?
 > I recently composed a shot in the cabin of a small fishing boat.  I framed
 > the shot using the clip on viewfinder.  The skipper was in the foreground
 > looking through the cabin window.  Through the window was another boat
which
 > I centered up in the window which the skipper was looking through.
 > However, when the contacts were developed I found to my surprise that the
 > boat seen through the window in the background was not centered in the
 > window as I had composed it.  The boat was in fact mostly blocked out by
the
 > skipper who was in the foreground.
 > i.e. I seem to have experienced a problem when composing with the 24mm on
 > the new M6 ttl.  What's in the clip on viewfinder is not always what's on
 > the neg!  I'm quite worried about this and I will be running some tests on
 > this.  It seems that the foreground can eclipse the background.......  I
 > should add that the camera was also held 'sideways' for this shot.
 >
 > Barry Dinan

Hello Barry .       I think the external viewfinder for your 24 might be able
to " rock " a little bit in the flash socket .
This is common problem with " cheap plastic viewfinders " like the new Leica
ones .
I've got an Heliar 15 mm with the viewfinder and it doesn't rock like the
Leica one .
Regards
                                                                        Jo
GOODTIMES